Monday, January 17, 2011

Callao/Lima Peru January 16, 2011

Lima Peru
The ship docks in Callao Peru which is about 30 minutes to Lima depending on traffic.  Today being Sunday there was hardly any traffic.  The thing I noticed immediately about Callao was that it was  a  clean pretty port not seedy like most ports. I have to say I have wanted to come to Lima since I was in the third grade and read a book about a girl from Lima and I was not disappointed. We had a fabulous tour today it was to a private home to see Mr. Enrico Poli's private art collection.  There wasn't a spot in any of the numerous rooms where there wasn't a painting, or clay pot or mask.  The owner himself gave us the tour he is 87 years old and a character who dislikes the Catholic church and is obsessed with sex.  Very funny tour.  We then proceeded to Casa Luna which is owned by the Luna family and he has a collection of Nativities over 1500 of them.  Beautiful home.  We then went to the Plaza where they were having a procession for the patron saint of the Andes so there were people all over.  We then walked through the plaza to another private home called  Casa Aliaga.  This is where we had an outstanding lunch and it was built in the 1700s,  The hors'dovers were great chicken liven pate, gucamole and hearts of palm with mayo and a small pickle they were outstanding the lunch the first course was a warm asparagas souffle.  The main course was filet mignon, new potatoes, broccoli and carrots.  Wonderful followed by banana mousse with chocolate sauce.  Of course it was served with Peruvian Wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This was an all day tour and we didn't get back to the ship until after 5 in which Bill hi tailed it to the cigar lounge to watch the end of the game and I went  to the Galaxy Lounge to watch the Peruvian Dancers that they brought on board.  I went in between to the stateroom and Remi the Matre'D called and wanted to know the score and why didn't Bill call him.  He called the other day to so I told him Bill was in the cigar lounge and we went to watch the game with Bill only thing is he was rooting for New England.,  When we went for dinner I called him over and he wouldn't come he was hiding from me.  It seems he likes New england because Tom Brady's father cruises on here!  Oh well it doesn't matter since the Jets beat them!!!!!!!!  Go JETS.
Now I was only able to download one picture not sure why but the picture downloading on here is not easy much easier to send to fb.  So I will try later if we have internet.  We were warned again that it will be out alot lately so I wanted to post this while I can and if you want check out FB for more pix

No comments:

Post a Comment