Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday February 2, 2011

Baby Penquin still covered with some fur





Today was Port Stanley Falkland Islands which belongs to England but in the 1980’s Argentina decided it wanted it and tried to take it over.  The war lasted 76 days when the British troops arrived there were 12,000 Argentina’s  that had invaded the Falkland Islands  and 4000 British Troops.  Of course England prevailed and it is still British today.
Bill went aboard at 5:50am for his tour to Bluff Cove and said I would not have made it.  Not only was it a huge step up but it was rocking all over the place.  So I have to make due with the pictures and of course I saw them in Punta Arenas and on the icebergs as we were crusining by so I am happy and No Elaine I can’t take one home.  Dont want to go to jail here.  Too desolate, cold and it’s an island mail is terrible I could not even shop on line!
Bill came back and we headed back on the tender into town for me to see.  It is  a cute small town that was overrun by cruise ships. 3 in port today.  We headed to the Globe Tavern for lunch the special today was fresh fish and chips.  Seems this is a great hangout for a lot of the crew Bill had his fish and chips I had a steak pie both were yummy  walked around a little and headed back to the tenders to come back to the ship.  Bill needs a nap.
As  I am sitting here writing this a whole raft of Penquin are swimming outside our veranda and I jumped up and got a picture.  We actually thought they were birds!  This has really been a spectacular cruise and I am so happy and blessed that I was able to do this.  Our adventure is far from over we will be leaving Antarctica and the cold but we are headed to Puerto Madryn Argentina on the 4th!

Don't Cry for me Argentina!




No comments:

Post a Comment