Friday, February 11, 2011

Thursday February 10, 2011 Buenos Aires WE TANGO

Tonight we Tango!  We had a great day shopping and looking around on our own.  The leather shop we went to has complimentary car service they pick you up at your hotel and return you.  They tell us it is only 5 blocks away.  Well if I had to walk these so called 5 blocks I wouldnt be writing this.  Anyway the drivers here are as bad as Italy.  Cars coming in all directions.  4 lanes of cars so close together you can shake hands with the drivers on all sides and then these stupid people on mopeds come inbetween and are now practically on your lap don't open a door you will send them up in the air.  UNBELIEVABLE.  The only other place that I have seen people drive this badly is ITALY,    Cab drivers don't speak English and I don't know why it shocked me they don't speak English in NY either!  Anyway we have reservations for dinner and Tango tonight the car is picking us up between 8-8:30.  He arrives at 7:45.  We arrive at this beautiful hotel Hotel Faena.  Just walking into the courtyard is something.  So in we go find out where the Tango is and we are a little early so we wait.  They let us in and we have a table center near the stage any closer and we would be on the stage.   The tables are all for 2, 4 or a couple of 6.  However many in your party.  You are not sitting with strangers you don't have to worry about getting up to go to the bathroom that your chair will hit he one behind you.  Nothing at all like Moulin Rouge in Paris.  This is delightful.  We order our dinner we have fresh mozzerella with proscuitto and herbs then the most tender big filet mignon with potatoes gratinee.  dessert is a trio, a fruit compote, passion fruit cheesecake and a brownie with dulce de leche.  yum.  I had champagne and they keep refilling it.  They ask me if I want some red wine with dinner I will try it.  Take one sip not my favorite,  Waiter comes over and asks if I want more red wine I tell him no thank you I do not care for it.  He comes back with the champagne bottle (5 glasses later)  The show starts.  Now for those of you who really thought I was going to Tango smack yourself in the head and say.  If she can tango she wouldn't be going in for a hip rebuilt!  DUH!  The show was spectacular and ended way to soon.  We head out and the cars are all lined up waiting to take us back to the hotel.  We arrive at the hotel after midnight.  Now the ride back the traffic is lighter than in the day but our driver is driving really fast and hitting is brakes.  I have my eyes closed it;s scarry.  I could never drive here,  Judy you would be freaking out and Diane you would be on the floor worse than in NY

courtyard going into hotel

our table front and center

can you find us

maybe in this picture

not us

okay you can definitely pick us out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment