Sunday, February 13, 2011

Friday/Saturday Feb 11, 12, 2011 'DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA

We slept in this am as we were out really late last night with the Tango and I had 5 glasses of Champagne!  It was a great dinner and even better show.  We were not able to get a late checkout as they were expecting a group of over 100 people checking in.  No problem they stored our luggage and we could shower an use the pool and gym  and spa if we wanted.  I hate to buy another suitcase.  Bill and I each got a new leather coat.  Bill's is suede and mine is lambs leather in a pretty brown swing coat .  they measure you and have it made in 4 hours and deliver it to hotel.  So we needed to repack a few of the really heavy suitcases.  When we were done we had 6 checked luggage and 2 carryons, computer bag and shopping bag!  After breakfast we checked out and took a walk around the hotel.  This is like 5th Ave or Madison Ave in NY all the high end shops.  Went into many shops but didn't buy anything.  WE stopped for an ice cream as our guide Dario told us that they had the best ice cream in the world nd I have to agree.  It is much creamer than ours but not heavy like Gellato.  Their dark chocolate was to die for!  We then walked back to the hotel and it was busy.  We decided I could not walk anymore and we had a few hours to kill before our high tea at 4:30 so we went up to the Business Center and played on the computers went down had our tea and before you know it our van was there to take us to the airport.  The traffic was horrific it looked like the BQE during rush hour.  We got to the airport and they told me on the phone to go right up to business class and tell them I needed a wheelchair.  well at the other airport no wheelchair so I wasnt hopeful but they got me one right away and even tagged the luggage handicap so that the porters would take them off and put them together in Atlanta.  It was a smooth but long flight.

4,987 miles to Atlanta and 1562 miles to Phoenix for a total of  6549 and that was only by air.  

I will total the amount of miles we covered by ship.  We arrived in Atlanta and had to go through immigrations and then we had to claim our 6 checked bags and our 3 carryons and go through customs.   They looked at all we had and waved us right through!!!!  now onto Phoenix,
It was a nice flight and we landed almost an hour early and our car service driver was there waiting so that was good.  Bill had him stop for an In and Out burger not for me thank you they kill my stomach.  We got to our house between 11:30-12noon.  yikes all this luggage!.  I did empty 2 suitcases and decided I needed to lie down for a little while as I didnt sleep all night either.  Just took a break and I have 1/2 a suitcase to go plus the two carryons!  I think I need some food haven't had anything since breakfast on the plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          
    Total miles traveled:  LA to Valparaiso Chile  5332.0 Nautical Miles
                                                               6131.8 land miles
   Valparaiso Chile to Buenos Aires Argentina    5455.0 Nautical Miles
                                                               6273.25 Land Miles

Total Nautical Miles:      10,787
Total Land Miles ship     12,405.05
air miles                        6,549.00

Total Land Miles     18,954.05  cruise and air!

So as you can see we are tired after traveling 18,954.05 miles and I am going to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment