Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Februay 5,2011 enroute to Montevideo Uraguay

Today was our last sea day and it was formal.  Not to self Never Ever let your waiter especially if it is Zoltan know that Baked Alaska is your favorite.  We each wound up with 2 on our plate and the sad thing is we ate them both!  I may have to go in with the baggage on the way home.  We went this am to hear Dr. Jay Wolf give his final lecture it was on Eva Peron and was excellent.  We have heard Jay speak on quite a few of the cruises we have been on and have come to know he and his wife Carol who are lovely people.  We enjoyed having lunch with them this cruse.  After the lecture we had lunch since we didnt have breakfast and then headed back to the room to change for our last massages of ths cruise.    I had the aroma therapy hot stone and Bill had his deep tissue.  I then had my hair done since it was a formal night and got all my hugs from Camilla and Rosa  Camilla has been my massage therapist on our last 4 cruises.  She kept me going in the Baltic and even through this one.  She even told me if i had a problem to have the operator page her and she would come up and give me a massage.  She is fabulous and I am really going to miss her when we take the Serenity next year.  Dinner was the fancy one tonight.  Liver Pate, Caviar, lobster, beef wellington ad veal medallions with a cream mushroom sauce.  The veal was excellent.  And of course the baked alaska was woonderful.  No pictures as i forgot my camera.  I felt like Janet Jackson at Super Bowl a few years ago I had a wardrobe malfunction and had to wear my black and white gown from the first leg.  Oh my wearing the same gown twice!
The show tonight was Curtain Call.  Salute to Broadway and no matter how many times we see it it is always great and the Mama Mia ending always has everyone up on the feet singing and dancing in the aisles.  before dinner tonight was the captain's farewell cocktail party and as always it was well attended.  My grey goose dirty martini was pretty good.

We were told tonight that when we were in the Falkland Islands on Wednesday that a guest from either the Princess or Celebrity Cruise line was taking a picture and fell into the icy waters and one of Crystal's Gangway personnel jumped in and rescued him the other crew on the other ships didn't even know he had fallen in.  Now that is the Crystal Difference.

Tomorrow is Montevideo Uraguay and we have been told that because it is Sunday most stores will be closed but hey will have a shuttle bus to a MALL.  Well I have to pack anyway.    So until tomorrow
Good night and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment